Important Coronavirus InformationMarch 11, 2020
There has been much in the news about the coronavirus (COVID-19). Though the current
CDC risk assessment is that “for most people, the immediate risk of being exposed to the
virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to be low,” we take the health and safety of our
team members and clients seriously.
BELOW ARE SOME OF THE ACTIONS WE ARE IMPLEMENTING:
- Continuous monitoring of Federal, State, and Local advisories and
precautionary measures, regularly updating our staff and responding
- Allowing flexibility in our paid time off policies to ensure that any team member who misses work due to illness or to care for sick a family member does not suffer loss of income or other benefits.
- Actively encouraging sick team member to stay home and notify their supervisors if they have had close contact with someone who has contracted COVID-19.
- COVID-19 is a recordable illness. OSHA record-keeping requirements 29 CFR Part 1904 mandate that covered employers record certain work-related injuries and illnesses on their OSHA 300 log. While 29 CFR 1904.5(b)(2)(viii) exempts recording of the common cold and flu, COVID-19 is a recordable illness when a worker is infected on the job.
- Regular disinfecting of shared Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Some of our work requires the use of PPE. Ensuring that this equipment is properly disinfected.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and sanitation of common meeting areas at our office and shop facilities.
- Increased cleaning and sanitation of truck and equipment operator stations.
As we monitor this evolving situation, we will continue to make decisions with the health and well-being of our team members and clients as our priority.